Sunday, July 29, 2007

Custom make me with your brand new touch.
Make me sure and bold but not too much.
Twist my every doubt back into knowing.
And never let me feel an ounce of owing.
Cast my worries into sand.
Bring my temper back to land.
Encourage my dreams to stand up proud.
Tempt my feelings to speak out loud.
Flush my heart simply by living.
Change my selfishness to giving.
Tease my smile into sight.
And for love, teach me to fight.
All this and more you do for me.

This is how love should be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how poetry should be.

Great elemental imagery, really makes me think of that primal/gut feeling when you first realise what a lover has done to your life.

Although, maybe I'm biased, my love-life feels like this right now..

12:11 am  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Flirting with skirting, eh? Nice poems.
Roger McGough, Wendy Cope... love 'em.

Have you tried Billy Collins?

4:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you brought me back to the place i have just lost. even tho i cried, your words are beautiful and it was nice to feel the beauty of what i am missing...

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Popdex Citations