Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Crush







I am going to think about you
Until my face turns navy blue.
And maybe when I’m all thought out
My crush on you will harbour doubt.
But since this morning, my mind engaged
And heart with adrenalin enraged,
I have but thought of nothing more
Than the thing I thought about before.
Because no matter what I do,
I just can’t stop thinking about you!

You treat me like a paving slab,
(I think I need crush rehab)
And swallow up the words I say
As if they’re getting in your way.
You look at me as past or litter!
Jesus Christ! That makes me bitter.
But still I melt to speechless state,
Once shagging you I contemplate.
So maybe being used by you
Is why I’m here (near navy blue)
But still I cannot hate you for it,
In fact I rather do adore it.
So use me, abuse me, treat me wrong,
Play with my agony and lead me on.
Give me that fiery hormonal rush
And continue to be my loyal crush.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Neibauer said...

I love how you Brits use language! You are so much more talented than us Americans. Your poem is very well written. Much like an adult Shel Silverstein.

You're invited:

http://undiscoveredpoems.blogspot.com/

11:21 pm  
Blogger diana christine said...

Oh, I can't remember when I've taken such delight in a little playful tune... You are wonderfully creative...

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can really relate to this poem. I enjoyed reading it and I sent this website to my friends.

6:37 am  
Blogger alexvicegrab said...

I really like the quick rhythm and the imagery you used in the poem, especially the beggining and the end. Especially enjoyed the combination of the words 'navy blue' and 'harbour', as though you were making an allusion to the sea, also made me think of the waves crushing on the shore.
It's great to find poems that make good use of sound, like you did... "Than the thinkg I thought about before" and "but still I melt to speechless state" Mmm... :-)
I hope to read of these igneous poems, good luck!

4:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Popdex Citations